FES up, we need affordable EVs!
Transport emissions and petrol prices are rising rapidly in Australia, but we’re still lagging behind the rest of the world on electric vehicles. The Federal Government must implement Fuel Efficiency Standards to bring more affordable electric vehicle models to Australia, or we risk becoming a dumping ground for costly and polluting petrol cars.
Sign the petition now to call on the Federal Government to get Australia on the road to clean transport.
For all the key details about why we need Fuel Efficiency Standards, check out our explainer here.
You can also catch up on our webinar, The EV Revolution: Why Australia is Lagging Behind here.
For more information about Fuel Efficiency Standards, you can find our latest media releases below:
- 19th August 2022: Plan to Accelerate Electric Vehicles Welcomed
- 12th August 2022: Australians are locked out of EVs by price and availability
- 8th August 2022: Australia needs fuel efficiency standards with teeth to end the electric vehicle roadblock
- 26th July 2022: Federal Government to fall short of its electric vehicle sales target
- 1st July 2022: Australian consumers missing out on supply of affordable EVs
Will you sign?
Dear Federal and State Energy and Transport Ministers,
Petrol prices and transport emissions are skyrocketing, but Australians are being left behind on electric vehicles, which cut pollution and are cheaper to run and maintain.
We’re calling on you to support the following policies to help get more Australians in the driver's seat of an electric vehicle:
- Implementing strong, mandatory Fuel Efficiency Standards to bring Australia up to speed with the rest of the world.
- Setting a target for 100% of new car sales to be electric by 2030.
- Provide additional funding for upfront EV incentives and charging infrastructure.