Help power more wins for solar!
Solar Citizens is turning four and to celebrate the team has put together this little video of all we've achieved together since 2013 -- and it's impressive! By standing together, Solar Citizens supporters and volunteers have saved national solar and renewable energy policies, stopped attacks on solar owners across the country and paved the way for a fairer and sunnier Australia.
Here’s an overview of everything we’ve achieved together over the past 4 years, powered by donations from our solar-loving community:
- We saved the Renewable Energy Target, including the Small-Scale Renewable Energy Scheme that has helped hundreds of thousands of Australians with the upfront cost of going solar;
- We stopped WA Premier Barnett’s attack on solar feed-in tariffs in 96 hours flat;
- We stopped proposed sun taxes in Queensland, NSW and nationally;
- We took SA Power Networks to court over their proposed discriminatory charges for solar owners (and won!);
- We won a commitment to 1 million new solar rooftops from the Queensland Labor Government;
- In 2015 we pulled our country’s renewable energy debate out of the doldrums by pushing Labor to adopt a policy platform of 50% renewable energy by 2030 in our Stand Up For Solar campaign;
- Last year we stopped the Turnbull Government from slashing $800 million from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency’s crucial research and development funding;
- We joined forces with policy, economics and energy experts to produce the Homegrown Power Plan, a roadmap to 100% renewable energy by 2030 and we toured the plan across Australia in our 100% Renewables Roadshow;
- We helped secure a doubling of the Victorian mandated minimum feed-in tariff and we’re on the way in NSW too; and
- This year we’ve helped secure $110 million in federal funding for a 24-hour solar thermal plant for Port Augusta in South Australia.
Every single win for solar has been powered by donations from people like you. Will you help power more wins by making a tax deductible donation to our End of Financial Year Solar Appeal?