The Federal Government wants to pass new laws to use the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) and the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) to fund dirty fossil fuel tech like gas and carbon capture and storage.
The good news is that the laws can be blocked by crossbench Senators Rex Patrick, Sterling Griff and Jacqui Lambie. But they need to know that Australians are behind them.
Personalised messages of support have a big impact. Use our form below to write a message and we'll share them directly with the senators.
Here are a few points to consider when writing your message:
- Introduce yourself and explain why protecting clean energy is important to you.
- The CEFC and ARENA are crucial for supporting renewable innovation and have helped make renewables cheaper than coal and gas.
- Australia doesn’t need gas to transition to renewables, and carbon capture and storage is expensive and disproven.
- These laws will undermine the independence of the CEFC and ARENA and give unnecessary power to Energy Minister Angus Taylor to direct riskier investments with less accountability.
- Clean energy funds should invest in profitable clean energy technologies that continue to benefit everyday Australians, not the fossil fuel industry.