Australia’s sun-powered future is in jeopardy and our reputation as a clean energy leader is under threat. Aussies could soon face a solar tax, electric vehicle tax, and the Australian Renewable Energy Agency is in danger. Please donate to the End of Financial Year Solar Appeal.
As solar citizens we must stay vigilant and keep working to protect and grow clean energy. Renewables are here and ready to do the job cleaner and cheaper than ever before, but we must keep up the fight.
Will you help fund critical renewable energy campaigns in the year ahead by contributing to the End of Financial Year Solar Appeal? All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Donors are the heart of the solar citizens community and every single dollar you contribute makes a big difference. Your support now, and your ongoing support, helps us plan for the future.
June 30 is fast approaching and it’s almost the end of the financial year. This is a big deal for the 100% renewables movement and the campaign to defend ARENA.
Community campaigns rely on the generosity of grassroots donations to keep afloat and make an impact. If you’re a solar owner or a sun-loving supporter of the renewables revolution, donating is how you can help accelerate the transition to a cleaner, healthier future.
Contributions from solar owners and clean energy supporters like you have powered the solar citizens community in every step of the journey so far. Here’s what you have helped achieve:
- Working tirelessly to save ARENA and Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) from repeated attacks – and now we're at it again.
- Twice saving the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) from being axed years ahead of schedule.
- Protecting the Renewable Energy Target (RET) from being completely axed by anti-renewable Federal Governments.
- Stopping previous attempts by retailers, networks and the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) to slap unfair, discriminatory fees on solar owners – and again, we are fighting the sun tax.
And this last year alone:
- Helping restore $1.62 billion in funding to the Australian Renewable Energy Agency.
- Winning a $645 million commitment from the Queensland Government for more clean energy generation and storage.
- Pressuring the Victorian Government to secure a $3000 subsidy for buyers of electric cars, and a 50% target for EV sales by 2030.
- Pushing back on the AEMC from taxing solar owners for exporting clean energy and creating a media storm.
This is exceptional work which you should be proud of – but the job’s not over yet. There’s a lot we’re up against in the year ahead. Together we will:
- Be vigilant in protecting ARENA and the CEFC by making sure the Federal Government maintains funding and doesn’t prioritise fossil fuels.
- Take the Jobs in the Regions campaign to the next level in Queensland, and build a strong narrative in support of clean energy jobs in the lead up to the federal election.
- Work with state governments to incentivise, not tax, Australia’s fledgling EV industry, making it easier for Aussies to switch away from polluting fossil fuel cars.
- Keep fighting the AEMC’s decision to allow networks to charge solar owners for exporting clean energy to the grid, and advocate for policies to help more homes and businesses to access solar and storage technology.
By bringing together Australia's solar owners and clean energy supporters to form a strong citizenry, we’ve proven we can influence decision makers, change policy and win the best outcomes for renewables. Let’s keep it up!
Your community campaign for 100% renewables doesn’t accept any money from big corporations or government funding, instead we rely on individuals like you and grassroots donations. Your contribution, big or small, powers every campaign we work on to protect and grow clean energy in Australia.
Thanks for giving.