Big power companies have been ripping off South Australians for too long. That's why with the Community Power Agency we've written the new report Repowering South Australia which shows how South Australia can become a renewable energy superpower and put the power back in your hands.
But this report only matters if our politicians read it and commit to powering our state with our abundant sun, wind and waves and to make sure everyone in the community has access to the benefits of cheap, clean power. That's why we need you to email your local candidate and Premier Weatherill, Liberal leader Steven Marshall, Nick Xenophon and Greens leader Mark Parnell calling on them to commit to:
- Making South Australia a renewable energy superpower by setting a 100% renewable energy target by 2025 and making a plan to export a further 50% outside of the state through technologies such as hydrogen.
- Supporting low-income households by establishing a publicly-owned non-profit retailer to secure cheap, renewable power.
- Boosting local manufacturing by establishing renewable energy industry precincts in locations where renewable energy hotspots meet energy-intensive industry.
- Working with Aboriginal communities to design a well-funded Indigenous Communities Clean Power Program.
- Giving communities back power by establishing regional community energy hubs that increase community benefit from renewable projects.
You can read the full Repowering South Australia report here.