For most Australians using power of the sun to generate energy just makes sense.
A Solar Citizen is any Australian who supports the use of solar power - either installing it themselves or working to see great use of solar in their community.
Solar Citizens include:
- The 2.5 million people who live in one of Australia's one million homes that have solar panels on the roof
- The 1.5 million people who live in one of the 600,000+ homes with solar hot water
- The 15,500 people who work in the solar industry helping Aussie households install solar
- Any one who would one day like to have solar on their roof
- Any one starting up or investing in a community owned solar project
- Any one who thinks putting a panel on every Australian rooftop just makes sense
While some would like to see control of energy generation be kept in the hands of a few big power companies, if Solar Citizens work together we can ensure that all Australians have the ability to access clean, safe, affordable power.