ABOUT THE PROJECT
Solar Citizens is undertaking an exciting new project to increase our engagement with the stakeholders in the renewable energy sector. We want to learn more about the scope and diversity of the industry, where they predict will be the big shifts in markets and policy and explore how we can work together to advocate for a sun-powered future.
ABOUT THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be on a team of 4 - 6 researching and contacting stakeholders by phone. This role will involve training in the use of NationBuilder, a powerful database that is increasingly popular among organisations engaged in campaigning and community outreach.
This project is perfect for people looking to improve their communication and relationship building skills, as well as improve their knowledge of the renewable energy sector in Australia. It also offers an exciting opportunity to gain valuable exposure to many aspects of campaigning and community organising by working with our skilled team of staff and volunteers.
You will be required to:
- Research relevant companies/businesses, judge their priorities and record the information.
- Phone solar companies and conduct guided (script-based) conversations.
- Track your conversations and interactions in NationBuilder.
- Report on your phone calls to the Campaigns Coordinator.
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly organised
- Works well in a small team
- Passionate about solar and renewable energy in Australia
- Some experience in phone-banking and other campaign tactics is desirable
- Knowledge of solar and renewable energy policy and politics in Australia desirable
2015 is set to be a big year for solar in Australia, with rapidly shifting strategic needs and strong community interest and support. This role is an ideal opportunity to make a positive and practical contribution to Australia's renewable energy future.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch by contacting Alex at [email protected] or on 02 9263 0386.
Applications close 13th March 2015.